Hotel restaurant in the city center of Avignon
5-star luxury stay in the city of Popes
A magnificent 16th century, completely re-modeled in the 18th, and continually modernized since then, the Hotel d’Europe is one of the oldest hotels in France. It occupies an ideal location at the centre of Avignon. In this timeless place, our hospitality is offered discretely and with warmth by a loyal and dedicated team.
Its 39 rooms and 5 suites, decorated luxuriously but simply, offer exceptional comfort.
La Vieille Fontaine restaurant is idyllic. Its beautiful shaded terrace and elegant dining room are the perfect settings for enjoying fine dining and famous cuisine.
Just two steps from the Popes' Palace, the Hotel d'Europe is also located only 50 yards from the entrance through the ancient city walls. This central location is also the ideal starting point for your visit to Provence. From Avignon, it is easy to explore and discover this magical region. We can help you organise unique tours, from Orange through the Gard to Marseille, the Luberon, Aix-en-Provence, or Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
Legend has it that a stay at the Hotel d'Europe is unforgettable.Book your stay Discover our special offers
The hotel d'Europe and disable access standards
The Hôtel d'Europe does its best to make its guests' stay as enjoyable as possible. Hence two rooms in compliance with disable access standarts are available upon request.
"Luxurious and very pleasant room. 1 bathroom + 1 shower room, 2 toilets. Person with reduced mobility very well welcomed. Every access and motion in the hotel very easy. Excellent restaurant in the hotel. Very efficient and nice staff. City center."
TripAdvisor Advice, 26/08/2016
Guests using hearing aid will be able to appreciate the impeccable soundproofing of all our rooms as well as the fact that our reception is equiped with an induction loop system.
Amenities and Services
To ensure the highest possible level of service, the Hotel d’Europe searches through ever more stringent rules and use of the latest technology to improve and diversify its range of available services.
- Babysitting: the concierge can organize babysitting for babies or children.
- Beauty treatment: the best-known brands and boutiques are located close to the hotel.
- Car rental: the concierge can help arrange car rentals, with or without a driver.
- Computers: three computers and three printers are available for guests. They can be used in our business center or brought to your room
- Doctors: on request from the concierge.
- Excursions: the reception will help you discover the city and the surrounding region, on foot or by car with our partners.
- Fitness Center: the Fitness Center is located on the first floor and is open from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. (under construction)
- Hairdresser: the concierge can make an appointment with one of our hairdresser partners close to the hotel.
- Internet: free high-speed Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel. For an unlimited number of connectable devices.
- In room massage: by appointment with the concierge.
- Jogging: a variety of jogging trails can be found, on smart phones, close to the hotel, in the historic centre or out in the countryside.
- Meditation: meditation course with our private teacher every Monday at 8 a.m. Private coaching available upon reservation at the front desk.
- Pastries: to take away to your room or the tea room, are baked very day by our Pastry Chef (order by phone or to choose and collect at reception, on all non public holidays, at any time, without a minimum purchase)
- Pets: small pets are allowed in rooms (additional charge) and in the restaurant.
- Restaurant: make reservations through our concierge for our gourmet restaurant La Vieille Fontaine or elsewhere in town.
- Shopping: the two most popular shopping streets are close to the hotel.
- Taxi: booking on request from the concierge.
- Tea room: in our tea room you can sample scented or natural premium teas from the tea traders Dammann or the Palais des Thés.
- Toiletries: available in your room
- Transfer: our concierge will take care of your transfers to or from the airports or train stations in the region.
- Valet: our valet service can look after your car (additional charge). Reservation is not necessary. The parking valet service is also available for the restaurant guests (free of charge).
- Yoga: yoga training with our private teacher every Thursday from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m. Private coaching available upon reservation at the front desk.